Edelweiss sewalong and re-drew the bodice pattern using the upper bust measurement as a starting point. I cut the bias binding from the same fabric as the dress, turned it to the inside and hand stitched it. I also turned and stitched the long circular skirt hem by hand. That took for...ever. The back is fastened with a hook and eye and the front with three buttons I covered in the smaller spot fabric.
Here I am on my birthday posing in my new frock! I've had loads of compliments so definitely a success.
On the whole though, I love it. I'm wondering about making a second in something much fancier for a summer ball.